Pages

Friday 22 June 2012

Brush Cleaning

I'm one of these obsessive brush cleaners, I clean my foundation brushes in particular after every time of using them. I just can't use a dirty brush, it prevents the product from applying nicely. 
When I first starting using make-up brushes properly, I wasn't overly fussed about cleaning them so I didn't really try and products. Now however I have tried quite a few and have settled with my favourites.
The first one I tried was the ELF Daily Brush Cleaner, I haven't got a picture of this one as I chucked it away. It was ok, however I felt it didn't clean my brushes as thoroughly as I wanted. You may find it different, maybe I wasn't using it right. It retails on the website (
http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/) for £3.75 which in all honesty is great.

Next I ordered the Mac brush cleaner. This cost me £8.50 which after trying what I did next, I realized was overpriced. This product again i felt didn't do the job as well as I expected. It left my foundation brush still a little full of foundation which wasn't ideal. For the price of this product, I would have expected a little more I think.




Finally, after spending time using the previous two brush cleaners and not having the results I expected, I did some research, read some reviews, watched some youtube videos and many people seemed to think using things like body wash, shampoo or hand soap works well. "Why not try it" I thought, it would be cheaper than buying special bits. So I started using a raspberry and blackberry body wash. This works amazingly well! It gets all the product out and leaves the brush smelling yummy for next time! It helps because it lathers well and therefore really gives the brush a good cleaning. 

Over any brush cleaner I've tried, I would most certainly go for using a body wash of some sort! It's cheaper and it leaves all the brushes smelling lush!


Have you tried any brush cleaners that worked really well? Let me know and maybe I'll try them out too! Also if you want to see a guide on how to clean brushes I can do that also:-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, you have just reminded me I havent cleaned my makeup brushes for ages! Normally I just use johnson's baby shampoo :)

    ReplyDelete